It’s football time in Tennessee, and we’re excited to celebrate Game Day with friends, family and fans! Cherokee Distributing Company just became the official beer sponsor of the Vol Network, so we’ve got a great lineup of beers to share with you.
Check out the recommendations below or scroll to the bottom to watch the video of Rachel demonstrating the recipes on WBIR-TV Channel 10.
First, we have an easy twist on a refreshing classic. We call this Pre-Game Sangria.
- We use Smirnoff Ice Screwdriver. It’s got that beautiful Vol Orange color.
- Simply mix two cups of the Smirnoff Screwdriver with two cups of Pinot Grigio white wine.
- Stir in a large pitcher with ice and add fresh oranges, cherries and strawberries.
- This is an easy recipe to make batches on demand during your Game Day party.
This next one is fun for Game Day parties: Orange Beer Jell-O Cups.
- This is easy to make the night before the big game.
- Use a 6-ounce package of orange Jell-O gelatin dessert
- Mix with 12 ounces of boiling water until completely dissolved.
- Then remove from heat and stir in 12 ounces of your favorite lager beer instead of cold water. We recommend Coors Light, for example.
- Pour into individual cups and refrigerate overnight.
- On Game Day, garnish with a lime and serve!
Next, we’ve got a Dos-a-rita.
- Some moments in life call for beer. Some call for margaritas. Special ones call for both. Tennessee football season is no different.
- This is made with:
- 12 oz. Dos Equis Lager
- ½ oz. tequila
- ¼ oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. sour mix
- Coarse salt for the glass rim
- Lime wedge for garnish
- This is made with:
Finally, for designated drivers and non-drinkers, we’re serving an Orange Creamsicle Shirley Temple.
- This Vol orange color is festive for Game Day, and it’s an easy-to-make fun twist on a childhood favorite.
- Fill a glass with ice and add in:
- ½ cup orange soda
- ½ cup cream soda
- And 1 tablespoon grenadine
- Then garnish with a cherry and an orange slice!
There are so many delicious beer, cider and nonalcoholic beverages you can serve at your Game Day parties. Most importantly, we remind everyone that the best recipe for a winning football season is to drink responsibly and designate a sober driver. Go Vols!