Posted on November 28, 2012 by Mary Ellen Brewington
Cheers to the December calendar filled with dates reserved for intimate dinner parties and holiday open houses. Regardless of the occasion, you must not show up empty handed. This year, show your appreciation for your host or hostess with a high gravity gift they are sure to remember.
Cherokee Wine and Spirits offers several high gravity beers from Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas. These flavorful specialty brews contain an alcohol content of more than 6.3% alcohol by volume, and the brewers of these craft beers use unique high quality ingredients to create interesting and complex brews.
Since our brewers typically bottle with creative packaging, you will only need to tie it up with a bow.
Lagunitas Brewing Company from Petaluma, California, offers five high gravity products of which one or more is sure to tickle your fancy:
- Lagunitas Censored Rich Copper Ale is not too hoppy with a fruity pineapple taste.
- Lagunitas Lil Sumpin’ Ale is balanced with spicy, fruity and malt aromas and is delicious paired with traditional holiday fare.
- Lagunitas Maximus is a big IPA with a punch.
- Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is an extra hoppy American IPA full of robust flavor.
- Lagunitas Brown Shugga is the seasonal holiday sensation filled with sweet brown sugar – Who would ever guess it was an accident waiting to happen?
Also from California, we feature two Sierra Nevada high gravity beers:
- Sierra Nevada Celebration is here only for the holiday season. A robust, rich ale, this dry hopped award winner will enhance all your holiday food favorites.
- Sierra Nevada Torpedo is a year-round crowd pleaser. A bold American IPA with a complex character of citrus and pine, Torpedo is conveniently available in bottles and cans.
In East Tennessee our high gravity offerings can only be found in liquor and package stores. So, when you stop in your neighborhood wine and liquor store be sure to ask them where the Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada beers are located.
Here is a sampling of the package stores offering our products:
- Ashe’s Wine and Spirits – Old Kingston Pike in Knoxville
- Bob’s Package Store – Winston Road in Knoxville
- East End Liquor – Asheville Highway in Knoxville
- Green Meadow Wine and Spirits – Hunter’s Crossing in Alcoa
- Happy Hour Liquor and Wine – West Market Street in Johnson City
- McScrooge’s Wine and Spirits – N. Peters Road in Knoxville
- One Stop Wines and Liquors – S. Roan St. in Johnson City
- Plaza Package Store – N. Roan St. in Johnson City
- Sam’s Package Store – E. Stone Dr. in Kingsport
- Toddy’s Package Store – Kingston Pike in Knoxville
Cherokee Wine & Spirits will be rolling out more high gravity beers to the East Tennessee market in 2013. Remember to check back often here at www.cherokeedistributing.com to see what’s new and different in our portfolio.
And remember to celebrate responsibly; we want you to enjoy in moderation and have a very happy high gravity holiday!