Football and BBQ. What could be better?
The L5 Foundation has put the two together with the help of James and Eric Berry and Chef Tim Love. Eric Berry, former Tennessee football player and current NFL’er, along with his Dad James will take on the head chef of Knoxville’s Lonesome Dove restaurant in a beef brisket, ribs and chicken contest. All proceeds from the event will benefit the L5 Foundation and Eric Berry Foundation.
For the last two years, the L5 Foundation has served more than 20,000 cancer patients and their caregivers in the East Tennessee Community. Some of the ways L5 has helped include donations of:
- $17,500 to local hospitals to support emergency needs of cancer patients
- $10,000 in gas cards to overcome transportation barriers to cancer patients
- $51,000 to Caring Plate to provide more than 8,000 meals
- $10,000 to Angels of Hope to provide more than 100 food baskets through the holiday season
- $10,000 to the Camp Koinonia Foundation
Get out and enjoy some friendly competition as well as Shiner and Miller Lite brands on July 19th 2017. Cherokee Distributing is proud to sponsor the BBQ challenge which begins at 5pm and lasts until 10pm. The event will be held at the Love Shack located behind the Lonesome Dove in the Old City. Tickets are $75. See you there! Cheers!