Founded on Jan. 6, 1958, by George W. Sampson, Cherokee Distributing Company started with four trucks, seven employees and a commitment to outstanding customer service. Our company has grown significantly in the past half-century, but our commitment to customer service remains unchanged.
We offer the leading brands of beer and other nonalcoholic beverages to suit a wide range of consumer tastes. Our extensive experience in the industry and a rich history in Tennessee allow us to respond to the needs of today’s marketplace with efficient, courteous and reliable service. Changing and innovating, while maintaining a firm foundation in outstanding service, is the key to our company’s growth.
In January 2016, Cherokee Distributing Company acquired Mid-South Distributing, a Middle Tennessee wholesale beverage distribution company, thus expanding our service area from 22 to 53 counties in Tennessee. In October 2017, Cherokee Distributing Company acquired Carter Distributing Company, a Chattanooga-based MillerCoors distributor for Southeast Tennessee, and expanded our service area from 53 to 61 counties in the state.
In addition to our headquarters in Knoxville, we manage distribution centers in Chattanooga, Cookeville, Kingsport, Pulaski and Tullahoma, all of which ensure fast, convenient service to the counties in our territory:
Anderson, Bedford, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Cannon, Carter, Claiborne, Clay, Cocke, Coffee, Cumberland, DeKalb, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Hickman, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Loudon, Macon, Marion, Marshall, portions of Maury, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Moore, Morgan, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Polk, Putnam, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Smith, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, Van Buren, Warren, Washington, Wayne and White.
We are a responsible, generous corporate citizen committed to the communities we serve and supportive of numerous organizations and events. Cherokee Distributing Company advocates moderate and responsible drinking.
We are proud to support the Tennessee communities where our customers and employees live, work and play. We support numerous community organizations and events, and Cherokee Distributing Company always advocates moderate and responsible drinking.
We are honored to support these community partners:
- A Step Ahead Foundation
- Alliance for Better Non Profits
- Boy Scouts
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley
- The Chattanooga Zoo
- Cookeville Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
- Cookeville Regional Charitable Foundation
- Community School of the Arts
- Dawn of Hope
- Dogwood Arts
- East Tennessee Foundation
- East Tennessee Historical Society
- Great Schools Partnership
- The Hunter Museum
- Knoxville-Oak Ridge Innovation Valley
- Helen Ross McNabb Center
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Knox Heritage
- Knox County Public Library
- Knoxville Oak Ridge Innovation Valley
- Knoxville Area Chamber Partnership
- Knoxville Museum of Art
- Knox Youth Sports
- Lakeshore Park
- L5 Foundation
- The Pat Summitt Foundation
- Rebuilding Together Knoxville
- Sacred Heart Cathedral
- The Change Center
- The Salvation Army
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee
- Tennessee Tech
- The University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- United Way of Coffee and Moore Counties
- United Way of Greater Knoxville
- United Way of Washington County
- Volunteer Ministry Center
- Zoo Knoxville
- Knox county Public School Foundations
- Area Fire and Rescue Departments