The universe is giving us a reason for a party, January 31st, the second full moon in this month.
Commonly known as a “blue moon” this one will coincide with another interstellar phenomenon: A Super Blue Blood Moon. According to experts this has not occurred in over 150 years. This convergence of the uncommon is a cause for a stellar-bration!
The full super moon will appear larger and brighter than usual. On top of that the moon will appear to be an orange/red as the earth passes between the sun and moon. A total lunar eclipse! Blue Moon + Super Moon + Lunar Eclipse = A marvelous night for a moon dance “party” ala Van Morrison.
Create your guest list. Create your play list including songs like:
- Man on the Moon- R.E.M.
- Take Me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra
- Bark at the Moon- Ozzy Osborn
- Dancing in the Moonlight- King of Harvest
- Bad Moon Rising Creedance- Clearwater Revival
Google moon songs for more playlist inspiration.
Now for some cosmic brews:
- Blue Moon Belgian Ale top with a slice of orange
- Stella Artois
- And for our designated drivers blood orange Italian soda over ice topped with an orange peel and a sprig of rosemary
Serve up some nibbles including Swiss cheese and crackers, Moon Pies, use a moon and a star cookie cutter to make your themed finger sandwiches.
Grab your friends, enjoy a midweek “once in a blue moon” stellar-bration!