Posted on February 5, 2010 by Mary Ellen Brewington
Beer drinking songs have been around as long as people have been gathering together in taverns and pubs. For centuries Germans and Irish have captivated bar crowds with traditional rounds of chorus celebrating friendship, a big mug of suds, love and heartache. In honor of the recent Grammy awards, we’ve compiled a list of favorite beer drinking songs.
We asked our friends on Facebook to help us build this ultimate beer drinking playlist. If you think of any songs we need to add be sure to leave us a message below or on our Facebook fan page.
The Ultimate Beer Drinking Playlist
- “Beer for My Horses” (Toby Keith & Willie Nelson)
- “Beer in Mexico” (Kenny Chesney)
- “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” (George Thorogood)
- “Beer, Beer, Beer” (The Clancy Brothers and The Dubliners)
- “Beer Run” (Garth Brooks)
- “Beer Barrel Polka” (Jimmy Sturr)
- “Beer Thirty” (Brooks & Dunn)
- “Beer Bottle Boogie” (Koko Taylor)
- “Goes Good with Beer” (John Michael Montgomery)
- “Beer is Good and People are Crazy” (Billy Currington)
- “Drinkin’ My Baby Goodbye” (Charlie Daniels Band)
- “Toes” (Zac Brown Band)
- And the ultimate hardcore, sing-along beer joint anthem honor goes to:
“Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks.
So, grab a cold one with a few friends or bar mates. Sing along. And let the beer – and a good ole drinking ballad – chase your blues away.